Point Reyes Books has a rich tradition of hosting events. Over the past two decades, dozens of luminaries have read at the store or other venues in Point Reyes Station and West Marin. This tradition continues under the stewardship of the store's new owners. Check out this list of some of the writers, poets, activists, and artists who have become a part of our store history.
If you are interested in reading at the store, please consider the following guidelines and tips for making your event solitication as successful as possible:
- Familiarize yourself with the store's event calendar and see if your event is a good fit.
- Please contact us well in advance of your proposed date. We have a small staff and a full calendar, so advance notice is not only appreciated, but necessary.
- Due to the size of our staff and the time necessary to promote, set up, and break down events, we unfortunately must turn down event solicitations.
- While we make every effort to maximize the audience of every event, please be prepared to promote your event among your circle. A successful event requires multiple avenues of promotion.
- Please encourage your family and friends to buy your book at the bookstore.